Today, we’re excited to introduce two new features to make PolicyMic more fun and more democratic. First, our leaderboards page highlights the best thinkers on PolicyMic. Second, our new headers better reflect our community's passions and interests.
We believe in the power of community to create an awesome democratic media. The leaderboards are a new way to reward the users which the crowd reads, respects, and follows the most. The PolicyMic’ers on these leaderboards are shinning because their articles, comments, and ideas are being read, voted on, and shared the most by you. All metrics are calculated based on the last 30 days of activity. The current leader carries the trophy on their profile until another user overtakes them. Here they are:
- Rock Star published only awesome articles and gets the most Mics per article
- Sage pens only the wisest comments receiving the most Mics per comment
- Media Frenzy changes the conversation by prompting the most comments on an article
- Hot Shot lights the internet on fire with the most reads on an article
- Influencer reaches a large audience by gaining the most shares on one article
- Guru gets the most Mics on the site
- Peacemaker is followed by the greatest number of allies
- Rebel Leader is followed by the greatest number of rivals
Our readers and writers have requested headers that better promote their ideas so today we’ve introduced: Culture, Media & Tech, and Millennials. In addition to our focus on providing the highest quality political debate online, our platform now also allows writers to share their opinions on the three awesome new sections. Keep an eye out for the Millennials section, which will be reserved for the best-of-the-best of PolicyMic.
Let us know what you think!