Do you want to build the best news & discussion platform for millennials on the web? With over 5 million monthly unique visitors, PolicyMic is a global news brand that prides itself on high-quality analysis and an incredibly engaged community.
We are looking for a rockstar designer to join our super talented team full-time in NYC. You will lead the redesign the entire PolicyMic site. What you build will be used by millions of millennials worldwide (Want to learn more? Read these 3 reasons you should apply).
As the lead designer, you will work with our incredibly talented front-end engineer, Anthony Sessa, and our back-end engineer, Martin Mateev. We will support your work with analytics, usage data, and design ideas – but will lean on you to create beautiful designs and compelling site. PolicyMic is backed by angel investors including The Knight Foundation Enterprise Fund and Digital News Ventures.
- You will lead the redesign of PolicyMic’s web and mobile presence by creating a unique, innovative, and highly engaging UI and UX based on your vision and user testing.
- Run user experience research sessions with our writers, editors, and users to better understand what is working and what isn’t.
- Conceptualize, storyboard, and design interactive news pieces backed by exceptionally high-quality content that will elevate and change the way people read their news.
- Find the perfect balance between readability and usability through obsessive typography experimentation, a / b testing and by working closely with our development team.
- Create a style guide that will bring to life the PolicyMic brand across all pages and products.
- Generate wireframes for either larger redesigns or to quickly prototype conceptual layouts, UI or UX.
- Passion for building the best news experience on the web
- Expert Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles, web design best practices, and visual trends
- Expert understanding of typography
- 3+ years experience in web design
- Web and mobile UI/UX design experience