Do you care about reinventing news by engaging millennials in thoughtful discussions about politics? PolicyMic is the fastest growing news & discussion platform, with over 5 million monthly unique visitors. With contributors in 105 countries, PolicyMic is building a global news brand that prides itself on high-quality analysis and an incredibly engaged community.
We are seeking a politcs editor to join our NYC-based team.
- Lead our network of over 1,200+ writers
- Edit roughly 10 original stories per day
- Direct our editorial voice and spark meaningful discussion
- Editing experience at a newspaper or online media publication
- Deep attention to detail and passion for raising PolicyMic's quality
- A distinctive writing style and an ability to inspire
- Passion for changing the world and empowering our generation
Nice to haves:
- Experience with SEO, analytics tools, and new media (ability to write content, edit, and promote work using social media)
- MA/BA in journalism, communications, English or political science preferred
- Social media guru (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Google+, etc.)
How to apply:
Send the following to caltchek (at) policymic (dot) com
- 500-word (or less) writing sample
- 5 ideas for articles you'd like to see written next week
PolicyMic is an equal employment opportunity employer.